This toolkit is designed for:
- Researchers with IDD who want to use peer support to engage their peers with IDD in research
- Research team leaders, who may or may not have a disability, who want to use peer support to include more people with IDD on their teams.
The toolkit includes information about:
- What is peer support?*
- Roles and strategies for peer supporters*
- How peer support can be used during research engagement
- Ways peer supporters can help across the phases of research
- Information about recruiting and hiring
- Considerations for supports and accommodations
* These sections of the toolkit were designed for use by researchers with IDD.
This accessible, HTML toolkit operates on any device and does not require Internet access to use.
Download our factsheet Peer Support Toolkit!
Download our manual Here!